About Me

My photo
Life is full of things to share. My attempt at sharing my little piece of life.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fitness goals and sticking to the plan

Working towards a goal for me is always tough!  My desire to reach the goal is great, my patience is small. Wanting to be "at goal" yesterday, interrupts my focus and attention to actually reaching the goal. There is loads of evidence of my impatience found in the form of half finished art projects, almost but not quite done home projects, the dashboard of my computer with worksheets/emails/blogs/slideshows all begun...but not finished.

FITNESS GOAL HAS BEEN REVAMPED!

Most other projects be damned, my efforts are now geared toward getting me where I want to be fitness wise...which is ironically where I once was.

Discouragement is common when I work toward fitness goals.  Having previously reached my goals and feeling confident when I did that I would always be there made it difficult when I did NOT maintain my previous goals!

HOW TO REACH FITNESS GOAL?

Define the goal~and tell a few people about it. (This helps with accountability)

Outline what will be done in order to reach goal~this keeps me focused to "stick to the plan"

Log successes~tracking my workouts and looking at the stats for not only me but fellow runners/cyclers/active friends helps motivate me (slight competitive nature)

Recognize failures, learn, move forward~NOT letting my failures keep me from getting back out the next, run, walk, workout is huge! Getting stuck in a cycle of, "I tried~it didn't work~there is no use doing it anymore~what's the point" brings me down and keeps me from reaching the goal I set for myself. 

CELEBRATE!!!~celebrating and enjoying even small successes boosts my desire to continue.  Working out a "reward system" now that includes a little help from my friends! So when I text you to join me for a pedicure/movie/beverage, know you are IMPORTANT to me AND a part of helping me reach my goal!

No comments: