About Me

My photo
Life is full of things to share. My attempt at sharing my little piece of life.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Construction Zone

"Trail Under Construction"

If you saw this sign during your Saturday morning long run would you continue forward or turn around?

Here's where I confess:
Seeing this sign a few miles into my recent Saturday solo long run, I was tempted to turn around. Irritation arose and thoughts of a rough, messy trail started running through my mind.

I NEEDED a long run~PLANNED a long run~It was my birthday-I wanted cake!

I stayed. 
On course. 
And thought.

I thought about life, my life, life in general, those around me who's life touches mine.  I thought in reality that is what my life path is~a trail under construction.  Portions completed, portions remain unforged, portions need repair- a life under construction. Thankful as I am for each section of smooth path in my life,  a sense of joy came over me as I realized that there as many paths to be forged in my life as there are paths of my life that are under construction. 

Life can be a "trail under construction". Head out on that trail people! You never know what you will find there. 

This time I found a smooth beautiful new trail and a 6 mile run! 


No comments: