About Me

My photo
Life is full of things to share. My attempt at sharing my little piece of life.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Running friends

Running.

Running Friends.

For a long time I had a lot of friends.

For a long time I was running.

For a long time I didn't have a lot of running friends.

Not long ago I lost a lot of friends.

Not long ago I wasn't running as much.

One year ago my long time really great friend and running partner and I started a social run club.

Now I know many people I call friend.

Now I am back to running.

Now I have many running friends!

Yesterday one of the first members of the run club posted this:

Angel wrote:
"Running is a free pass to friendship.
This is how I feel about River Run Club. Sharing in every one's accomplishments is what keeps me striving for bigger and harder goals! ♥ you guys and gals!"

I. Could. Not. Agree. More.

Find something active you love to do. Something that fuels you, ignites you, inspires you and  challenges you. Then get out there and find others who love the same thing and join them or invite them to join you. There is a camaraderie, a companionship, a sense of "I get you", an instant friendship-that can occur.



No comments: